It was 'Paheli' once upon a time. We never heard of what happened to that movie later. Then it was 'Rang De Basanti'. The movie apparently was very close to getting a nomination. A.R. Rahman salvaged some pride to get three of his compositions into the list of the top 56 songs in the 'best original song' category. The last we ever got close to winning an Oscar was 'Lagaan'. And today, again, that committee, whichever it is that makes this decision, has chosen 'Eklavya'.
It is Vidhu Vinod Chopra's comeback movie. It had been seven years since he directed a movie, and he came up with this modern version of 'Eklavya'. His previous movie was 'Mission Kashmir' - a bigger dud than 'Eklavya'. And 'Kareeb' before that. The only good thing about that movie was that he introduced a fresh-looking heroine in it. Anyway, she is no longer around either. I always thought he was a better producer than director. Nobody can deny that 'Parinda' was a classic, but there has been nothing for more than two-and-a-half decades later.
Let's hope that with 'Eklavya', Vidhu Vinod Chopra does India proud. Let's get that one trophy that has been eluding us so far. Good luck Vidhu Vinod Chopra! Good luck India!
View more random threads:
- Kajol, Sharmila Attend Shiksha '08 Launch
- Riya Sen (09)
- Tigers like to walk alone... sometimes: Saif...
- Gorgeous Preity Zinta.........part4
- Raaz 3 - Oscar Jeans press conference
- Nana Patekar and John Abraham
- Jacqueline Fernandez at PUMA fitness event
- Priyanka Chopra Closeup shots
- Bollywood mourns King of Pop's death
- Zee Cine Awards 2007 (01)