Anxiety in various forms and degrees seems to be a wide spread problem, affecting people of all ages and in every country.
If you are prone to anxiety you have two options:
A) Give in to it.
B) Learn to overcome it.
By giving in you will continue to suffer and feel unhappy, stressed and anxious. It is far better to learn to overcome anxiety or at least reduce its power.
Anxiety just wastes your time and energy and weakens you mentally and physically. You help no one and don't solve any problem by being anxious. Our planet will go on revolving, even if you stop worrying and being anxious.
Always know you have a choice - to give in to anxiety, or try to overcome anxiety, at least partially.
Here are 12 tips for alleviating and overcoming anxiety:
1. Lack of control over your thoughts strengthens your anxiety. As negative thoughts get stronger and stronger, your anxiety gets stronger. You need to learn to control your thoughts.
2. Feelings and emotions fuel and strengthen anxiety. You need to learn some self discipline and control over your feelings, and you also need to develop emotional and mental detachment.
3.When you go to bed at night, and first thing when you wake up in the morning, think about the good things that are happening to you. There are always some good things happening, even if small and insignificant.
4. Start the day with several minutes of positive affirmations. Tell yourself how would like your day to be. Use positive, cheering and motivating words.
5. Be busy, do something. By doing anything you keep your mind off your anxiety. When you wake up in the morning start doing something right away, and keep busy all day. Cleaning the house, washing the dishes or working in your garden, reading, studying, exercising your body or and meditating can help you keep your mind away from anxiety. Just sitting around and thinking about your problems and worries won't make them go away.
6. Set a goal and work everyday to achieve it. This action will direct your thoughts and feelings away from worries and anxieties, toward something more positive.
7. Talk about your anxieties to someone you trust. Talking about your anxieties and feelings often alleviate them and put them in the right proportions, provided you talk objectively, and with a real desire to reduce or get rid of your anxiety.
8. Exercising is a good way to keep from letting your fears overwhelm you. You can walk, do yoga or aerobics or any other sport.
9. Find reasons to laugh. This will bring light and happiness into your life and drive anxiety away. Watch comedies, be with happy and amusing friends or read something that makes you laugh.
10. Use positive words in your conversation and in your inner talk.
11. Affirm and visualize positive situations and events. Visualize a happy and positive solution to your problems.
12. If watching the news fills you with anxiety - turn off the TV! Limit the time you watch the news, and don't watch anything that may upset you before you go to bed.
View more random threads:
- Important Reminders
- Massage Techniques : Massage: Face
- The main causes of liver damage
- Tips for a healthy head of hair
- tips to make ur neglected feet look beautiful
- 50 Beautiful Things You Can Do With Vaseline
- Body-building weight training Exercises...
- South Beach Diet phase 1
- How to Aplly Foundation
- 7 Side Effects of Soda