Bunker Roy: Learning from a barefoot movement
In Rajasthan, India, an extraordinary school teaches rural women and men -- many of them illiterate -- to become solar engineers, artisans, dentists and doctors in their own villages. It's called the Barefoot College, and its founder, Bunker Roy, explains how it works.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the "Sixth Sense" wearable tech, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery.
View more random threads:
- Funny Animal Fails Compilation 2014
- The Science of Pornography Addiction (SFW)
- Green Mansions Trailer (Audrey Hepburn,...
- A Day in Pompeii - Full-length animation
- Murree dji phantom in pakistan islamabad
- The Black Hole
- World Burping Champion
- Harry Potter and the Product of Placement...
- Funniest Plumbing commercial EVER
- Pilates to Relieve Shoulder & Neck...