If you have a telephone line, a computer with a fax modem you do not want to purchase a fax machine.How ever you can send and receive faxes with out having a fax machine in two different ways.
Method No 1:-
Many small-business owners and people who work at home need to be able to send and receive documents via a fax machine. In the past, that meant buying or leasing a fax machine and paying for additional phone service. Now, several companies offer Internet-based virtual faxing services. These services typically assign fax numbers to customers so they can receive faxes from traditional fax machines.
Typically, fax services charge a monthly fee. Many offer different levels of service, from accounts that can only receive faxes to unlimited local faxing. Some also offer additional services like voice mail.
Here's how the process works:
1. You sign up for the service.
2. The service assigns you a fax number and provides instructions for how to send a fax from an email program or a Web interface.
3. You send and receive faxes as attached documents via email.
4. The service bills you on a monthly or per-fax basis, depending on your service plan.
Sending and receiving faxes through these services works much like with a traditional fax machine. To send a fax:
1. You attach the document to an email message and address the message to the recipient's fax number. Depending on your service provider, you may add a domain name (for example: [email protected]). The document can be a scan of a paper document or other types of documents, if the service supports them.
2. The service translates the attachment so that the recipient's fax machine can read it.
3. The service sends the data across the phone line.
4. The recipient's fax machine decodes the data and prints it.
To receive a fax:
1. The sender dials your fax number.
2. The fax machine translates the data and transmits it over the phone line.
3. The service receives the data and translates it into an image file.
4. The service sends the image file to your email address.
5. You open the email message and the attachment and view the file.
Method No 2:-
If you have a scanner and printer installed with your computer with a telephone line attached you need not to purchase a fax machine.
You can use a software "Winfax" which is avaiable at the website of http://www.symantecstore.com.You can perchase it from
The software "Winfax" can send and receive faxes through a computer having installed fax modem with a telephone line. You can type text message and send image by scanning them.You can receive faxes by setting at auto mode and it will receive your fax automatically if your pc is powered on and you can see your fax at your monitor and can print it at your printer.
Method No 3:- You need not to purchase any software if you have window Xp. Just, you have a printer,Scanner to scan image and window Xp installed at your computer you need no software to install for fax, Window Xp's own software will send and receive faxes.It is very easy to use.
View more random threads:
- Windows Restat Without Warning
- Common Control Panel Applets
- *~* Easy way to increase u r CABLE /DS,...
- Website related to Virus removal method
- How Computers Work
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Graduated Filter
- Phishing on the Internet
- Reduce 10 Second Scandisk Wait Time
- TIMER FOR WINDOWS SHUTDOWN AND RESTART
- Cleaning up unwanted startup programs