The computer virus has completed 25 years. The sinister computer programme that still gives computer users jitters has come a long way since the days of 'Elk Cloner', the first computer virus which started circulating in 1982. While some of the early viruses clogged networks, later ones corrupted or wiped documents or had other destructive properties.
More recently, viruses have been created to steal personal data such as passwords or to create relay stations for making junk e-mail more difficult to trace. While the earliest viruses spread through floppy disks, the growth of the Internet gave a new way to spread viruses: e-mail.
Today, viruses have found several platforms: instant-messaging, file-sharing software, rogue web sites; images etc. As these malicious programmes go more sophisticated and their numbers increase on a daily basis, here's a look into some of the most notorious virus attacks over the last twenty-five years.
View more random threads:
- Ms excel
- Lesson # 44 The Insert Picture Adjust...
- Remove programs from uninstall list
- Help me Excel Sheet Not Open
- How To Open The Cmd When It Is Blocked By...
- Find a virus.....
- Open Internet Explorer without Home Page
- 'Rolling back' a faulty device driver
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Beginners Tutorial...
- Installing The Best Free Antivirus