How to Make a Rakhi?
Rakhi is the physical symbol of the emotions involved with the festival. The emotions of love, affection and care. It is the sentiments that matter on this day and what can be a better expression of the sisterly love than a self made rakhi.
1. Rakhi is generally a decorated silk thread. It may be a simple thread or it may be decorated with beads or designer motifs, religious symbols or even studded with jewels. Here are a few tip on how you can create your own rakhi.
1. Silk threads-multi-coloured
2. Cotton thread
3. Beads, sequins
Take a bunch of silk threads, multicolored if you want a colorful rakhi. Red and yellow are considered auspicious colors. You can also use a strand or two of golden thread. The threads should be around 30" long. Fold the length of the thread bunch to half. Tie a tight knot at one fourth of the length using the cotton thread. Cut the loops of the folded thread and fluff the open ends with a hard brush.
Divide the longer part of the thread into two halves and plat them in desired way. Tie the ends with the cotton thread and fluff the open ends. These two strands will be used for the tying.
Decorate the upper part with sequins, beads or religious motifs. If you are using multicolored threads arranged in some specific way, cut them short to a suitable length not more than ˝".
View more random threads:
- Real test for u all...
- abt teachers of these days...
- PAkistan beats INdia.....
- wht would u do if a taxi driver refuses to ?
- Listen to this 4me plsss!!!
- [[M]]Please read this...Very touching!!
- How to buy Gifts for a New Born baby?
- Love At First Sight
- how to represent a question plssss read this...