The origin of the term "Honeymoon" is something of a mystery, but according to folklore, it stems from marriage practices of days long before wedding ceremonies ever existed. Instead of having a public marriage rite, a man would very often simply abduct his chosen bride, and would go into hiding with her for a period of time, until her (possibly enraged) relatives stopped looking for them. While in hiding the newlywed couple would supposedly drink a special type of wine made from honey. The period of hiding traditionally lasted for a month, enough time for the moon to go through all its phases; hence, the name honeymoon. Today, many couples still keep their honeymoon plans a secret.
Weird & funny hey...lol...
View more random threads:
- Jese Allah Rakhy use kon Chaky !!!
- Which One should I get?
- How to write a good job objective
- ~YAKUTSK~ Coldest City On Earth
- What is FRIENDSHIP
- IPL 8 - Awesome Shots and Catchs
- Who is Mr. Cool of Nidos??????????
- 25 Ways to Simplify Your Life with Kids
- Sweet History of Israel
- fears of the future cont