The System Configuration Utility displays items that start with your PC. These items are generally located in one of two areas. The registry or in Common Startup.
Should you decide to prevent specific items from starting up you can uncheck them in the System Configuration Utility. Though this method is fine it is ultimately best to remove them from the source. To access the common registry locations of these items take a look in the following areas:
If you have disabled items in the System Configuration Utility and would like to remove them from the registry also they can be found in one of the following locations:
Note: Always make a backup of the Registry prior to making changes. TweakXP.com takes no responsibility for problems that may result from using the Registry Editor incorrectly.
View more random threads:
- How to handle the load of millions of...
- Lesson # 61 The Signature Line (Microsoft...
- help...i need assistance !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Vista Upgrade Invalidates Your Xp Key -...
- hp compaq nc6220 drivers problem(solved)
- help how to modified a windows
- Waterproof Laptop
- Computer infected by virus
- SHIFT+"No" = No to All
- [TRY IT]Hide data on cd or dvd