This tip will enable you to create buttons in your quick launch toolbar to quickly and easily shut down and/or restart your computer.
Right click on your desktop, scroll to new..... shortcut
In the location line, for shutdown type;Ã‚ Ã‚ shutdown -s -t 0Ã‚ Ã‚ ie: shutdown(space)-s(space)-t(space)number zero
Name the shortcut "Shut Down PC" or whatever u want
The new shortcut is now sitting on your desktop, right click on it and go to properties, then click on "change icon". Click OK, then pick a suitable icon, there is a red "off button" icon available, then click apply and ok.
Now drag the icon from your desktop into the quick launch toolbar, resize the toolbar so all the buttons are visible, then delete the shortcut from your desktop.
To create a restart button the location line should readÃ‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ shutdown -r -t 0Ã‚ Ã‚ name it restart pc and give it a suitable icon for restart.
Now you can shut down or restart your pc in 1 mouse click without having to go through the startup menu.
View more random threads:
- Use these keyboard shortcuts for dialog boxes
- Find a virus.....
- Repair ur system urself...
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Transformations
- 101 run commands for uuuuuuuuuuu
- Lesson # 62 The Object (Microsoft Office...
- View System Uptime
- Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router launched in...
- folder option and regedit disabled in WinXP
- Best way to avoid trojans