The name Mumbai is an eponym, etymologically derived from Mumba or Maha-Amba— the name of the Hindu goddess Mumbadevi, and Aai — mother in Marathi. Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is the capital of the state of Maharashtra, the most populous city of India, and by some measures the most populous city in the world with an estimated population of about 18 million (as of 2006).
Here are some awesome snaps of Mumbai. The skyline has changed so much in the past few decades, although the heart remains the same. Hope you like them!
View more random threads:
- What did u do on Eid???
- Have you ever saw a Sardarji Beggar.........
- Bangladesh relaxes restrictions on leaders
- which one is your first mobile?
- First Coca-Cola Served ( MAY in History )
- A small story .... with HUGH message.
- The price of freedom we have paid as a Nation
- shortcuts to help you move faster in...
- UNBEATABLE LINES....
- Why should we smile?