Makes about 12 small Kofta's
2 Large Potatoes
125 gms Paneer
2 Green Chilli's
1 tsp Garam masala
2 tsp's Bread Crumbs
2 tsp's Corn Flour
2 tsp's Milk Powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Chopped Corriander Leaves
Oil to Deep Fry (1 cup of oil)
To stuff inside the Kofta's:
2 tbsp Cashew bits
2 tbsp Dry Grapes
Click here to view the original image of 610x481px.
1. Pressure Cook the Potatoes upto 4 or 5 whistles. peel the skin of the potatoes and mash them.
2. Grate the Paneer very finely. also chop the Green chilli's finely.
3. In a Large Bowl, Add the mashed Potatoes, Grated Paneer, finely chopped Green Chilli's and chopped corriander leaves & mix well.
4. Add salt to taste, Garam masala, Bread Crumbs, Milk Powder and Corn Flour and mix well.
5. Knead them all together. knead, as we do our chapathi dough. Shape them into small balls.
6. Make a dent on the kofta ball's, stuff it with one cashew bit and 2 dry grapes. likewise stuff all the kofta balls. Each Kofta ball should be of a medium lemon size.
7. Heat 1 cup of Oil in a Pan. Fry the Kofta's 2 or 3 at a time. Make sure to reduce the flame while adding the kofta balls. deep fry the kofta, till it turns into golden colour. [Frying them reminded me of doing gulab jamun, so use the same technique while we fry gulab jamun's]
8. Remove the Kofta's to a tissue paper and then add to the Gravy just before serving.
Onion - 1
Tomatoes - 3
Cashews - 4
Badam - 4
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 tbsp
Green Chilli's - 2
Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder a pinch
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Kitchen King Masala - 1 tsp
Kasuri Methi - 2 tsp
Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup (75 ml)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch size
Bay Leaf - 1
Chopped Corriander Leaves - 2 tsp to Garnish
Fresh Cream - 2 tsp
Grated Cheese - 2tsp
1. Chop the Onion and Grind them into Paste by adding 1/3 cup water.
2. Boil the Tomatoes in a Cup of Water for about 5 minutes, till they remove their skin. cool them and Blend the tomatoes alone into Tomato Puree.
3. Soak the Cashews and Badam iin Hot water for about 1 hour. Remove Badam Skin and Grind the Badam and Cashews with little water into a fine paste.
4. Grind the Ginger-Garlic Paste and Green Chilli's together into a fine paste. add little water to grind.
5. Heat Butter in a Pan, add cloves, cinnamon, Bayleaf and fry them. Add Onion Puree and Fry till the raw smell of onion leaves. it takes at least 3 minutes in medium flame.
Then add the the Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste and saute it for another 2 minutes.
Add the Tomato Puree and mix well. Let the mix all come together and leave them to reset in pan at slow flame for another 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Add Turmeric Powder, Kashimiri Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Kitchen King Masala and Kasuri Methi. add salt to taste to the pan and mix well.
7. Add the Cashew-Badam paste and mix well. add 1/2 cup water to get the desired Gravy Consistency.
8. Finally add the Fresh Cream. Remember to add the Fresh Cream at slow flame. Let the Gravy Thicken. Add little water or milk to dilute the gravy a little bit.
9.Transfer the Gravy to the serving bowl. preferably a oven proof bowl. add 2 tsp fresh cream at top and sprinkle cheese over the gravy. Bake or Grill the gravy for 4 minutes till the cheese melts.
10. Add Chopped Corriander Leaves to Garnish.
Serve with Roti's or Chapathi's.