GSplit is a free file splitter that lets you split your large files into a set of smaller files called pieces, easier to copy to floppies, CD, DVD or any removable disk; distribute over the Internet, networks; send by email or with file hosting services; share with friends and colleagues. GSplit also generates small self-uniting programs when splitting files, so anyone even without GSplit may restore your split files automatically. GSplit can split very large files (larger than 4 GB) and it provides you with a lot of splitting options (in addition to five splitting methods, including functions for large text files like server logs). You can load/save settings into profiles, and also automate it. Finally it features an intuitive graphical user interface (with skin support) that makes operations easy and fast. Context-sensitive help and animated tutorials are also available.
Version 2.1 includes multilanguage support, ability to split large text files by number of lines or occurrences of a specified pattern, improved support for Windows Vista.
Welcome to GSplit! This application is a free original file splitter that lets you split your large files (like Self-Extracting archives, Zip archives, multimedia, song, music, movie, backup, picture, archive, log, large text, document files...) into a set of smaller files called pieces.
These pieces are easier to:
* copy to floppy or any removable media disks.
* distribute over the Internet, networks.
* send by email (forget attached file size restrictions imposed by some ISP, pop3, SMTP and other e-mail servers).
* archive to Zip disk, CD, DVD, USB Flash drive and key, and any other storage support.
* upload to host accounts, file delivery services, online file hosting sites... that have restrictions on file sizes.
* share with friends, colleagues or other users through networks and the Internet.
* exchange using Instant Messaging clients or Instant Messenger programs...
What can GSplit do?
In addition to the features of other standard file splitters, GSplit can:
* Create two types of pieces: disk spanned and blocked (specific size). You can enter the size for each piece file, the number of pieces you want to obtain, or the number of lines / occurrences of a pattern by piece.
* Generate small full-featured Self-Uniting programs to restore your split files professionally. They provide your users with an intuitive Windows interface whose appearance can be customized according to your needs. GSplit is then not required in order to restore the split file.
* Store file properties and restore them: file's date, attributes are not lost contrary to batch files.
* Perform fast checks to detect file corruption (size, offset, CRC32) and to give you the assurance that your files are successfully restored by your users. When a piece is corrupted, you are notified about it, so you just need to get a new copy of that piece, not the whole set.
* Split very large files (bigger than 4 GB).
* Customize piece files according to your needs (size, filenames, title, author...), leave additional space on disks, create pieces without headers (useful for text-based files like large server log files).
* Support splitting multiple files back-to-back in one time, include batch (automating) and command line options.
* Work in your own language: multilanguage support is available (English, French - Franšais...) for GSplit, GUnite and Self-Uniting programs.
* Split large text and similar files like large server log files by number of lines or occurrences of a specified pattern.
* Show you elapsed and estimated times during the splitting & uniting operations. You can also pause/resume the splitting operation.
* Store settings into profiles and let you use these settings for different files, remember MRU files and folders, automatically try to find out the best splitting settings...
* Integrate Windows Explorer to let you split your files directly from the context menu.
GSplit finally features an intuitive graphical user interface that makes operations easy and fast. It also provides you with advanced options for pieces and Self-Uniting executable files... GSplit lets you split any file in a snap!
GSplit requires the following system components:
* Microsoft Windows« 95 OS2, 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista or higher.
* Intel Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater).
* 128 MB RAM (Recommended: 256 MB RAM or greater).
* For Windows 95 users: you must have the COMCTL32.DLL update version 4.72 or higher; HTML Help 1.1 or higher; and Microsoft Tahoma and Verdana fonts. You already have these components if you installed Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+.
Requirements: Windows (all)
Click Here to Download