Upper Solaiyar or Upper Sholayar Dam (சோழையார் Shozhaiyaar) is situated 20 km (12 mi) from Valparai, a hill station in the Anaimalai Hills of the Coimbatore district, Tamil Nadu India. It is the second deepest dam in Asia. With its scenic surroundings, the dam is a busy tourist spot in the hidden forest area. A part of the hydroelectric project of Tamil Nadu, special permission is required to visit the dam.
Valparai is located 64 km (40 mi) from Pollachi and 55 km (34 mi) from Chalakudy. The nearest railway station is Coimbatore Junction.
The Solaiyar dam is a vital reservoir under the Parambikulam Aliyar Project and has a water storage capacity of 160 ft (49 m). The reservoir's overflowing waters are let into the Parambikulam Reservoir through the saddle dam.
View more random threads:
- Cutest thing on internet today
- Kate Upton - Cosmopolitan Magazine November...
- Best Motivational Speeches Compilation
- Children of Conflict - Afghanistan
- George Barris Car Show 2015
- ( Loose Talk ) Behari Part2
- Tauba Ka Intezar
- aussie drag crashes
- Sanjha Punjab
- Flying with the fastest birds on the planet