In January 1984, after six years of house arrests and imprisonment, Zia succumbed to international pressure and allowed Bhutto to travel abroad for medical reasons. After undergoing a surgery she resumed her political activities and began to raise concerns about the mistreatment of political prisoners in Pakistan at the behest of Zia regime. The intensified pressure forced Zia into holding a referendum to give certain legitimacy to his government. The referendum held on 1 December 1984 proved a farce, and only 10% of the voters bothered to turn out despite the state machinery.
View more random threads:
- Taylor Swift Calendar 2012
- beautiful girls official calendar 2009...
- One Page amazing Calendar for year 2016
- Beautiful Women Calendar 2016
- Miss world 2015 Mireia calendar 2016
- Meditation Calendar 2014
- Aarti Chhabria Calendar 2010
- Zarine Khan Unofficial Calendar 2012
- Glory Calendar 2011
- Flying Kiss Calendar 2016