Windows XP gives you the option to customize a folder specifically for a certain type of data, like music files or photographs. These options will change the default way files are shown in the folder (using thumbnail view automatically for a pictures folder for example) and will also change the columns used to display information, adding an 'artist' and 'album name' column into a music folder to give one example. These customizations can make it easier to organize and keep track of your files. To customize a folder:
Right click on the folder and select 'properties' then choose the 'customize' tab.
Using the dropdown box at the top, you can select the various folder types available. Experiment until you find one to your liking. If you create a picture folder, you can also choose a picture which will appear on the icon for the folder itself, acting as a preview of the contents. You can also change the icon for your folder from this window.
View more random threads:
- Removing password from hibernate / suspend
- Change IE download directory..
- To Enable Folder Options,cmd,Task...
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Iris Blur Tutorial
- Disabling indexing services....
- What is Pinterest? How to use Pinterest?
- QuickBooks Tutorials
- What to Do If Office 2007 Holds Your...
- Lesson # 37 The Filter (Microsoft Office...
- [KNOW IT]Computer viruses