Windows XP has the ability to store previous versions of the device driver for certain hardware devices like video cards and sound cards. This enables you to 'roll back' and replace a driver that is having problems with a proven older version. Obviously, this only works if you have previously updated that device with a new driver.
To 'roll back' a driver: Right click 'my computer' and select properties, then the 'hardware tab' then the 'device manager' button. Locate and highlight the hardware device you wish to roll back the drivers on. Press the 'properties' button.
Select the 'driver' tab and click the 'roll back driver' button. If you have a stored older driver for the device, you will be asked if you wish to roll it back.
View more random threads:
- URL Snooper
- how to disable right click option of an icon
- Lesson # 21 The Delete (Microsoft Office...
- Rock ur screen
- Don't trust your PC! Create a backup
- Tips for Effective File Management
- Computer Maintenace Tips--havent read before
- Make your own picture transformations
- make ur pdf files to speak
- Associate an icon with a drive