Note: This tweak only works on Windows XP/.NET.
This setting will rearrange files on the hard drive when the computer is idle thus improving the performance of the system.
1. Open your registry by clicking on Start > Run > Type: "regedit" and find or create the key below.
2. Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called "EnableAutoLayout" and set it according to the value data below.
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\OptimalLayout]
Value Name: EnableAutoLayout
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)
3. Exit your registry, you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect.
Note: The computer must be restarted before the changes take effect.
View more random threads:
- the tweak to make windows XP shut down...
- Don't trust your PC! Create a backup
- Any method to crack RAR file with password?
- Some Windows Error messages and means to...
- Configuring Outlook Express for Dataone Email
- help needed !!!
- Eee PC 900 details, launch dates come...
- Make slideshow videos from pictures
- Use remote desktop to connect to your PC...
- Extract Audio track from Video