Why doesn't my Windows XP have Control+Alt+Delete ?
This could be caused by a virus, b ut before you panic, it could also be missing if, for some unknown reason, Task Manager did not install or was deleted. So, first you should find out if it's there:
Start / Search "all files & folders" for " taskmgr.exe ". This file should be located on your C drive in the Windows / System32 folder.
If not, then all you need to do is restore it from your XP installation disk
Put the Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM. If you have Autoplay enabled, the Welcome screen will come upĂ˘â‚¬â€ťyou can just close out of it.
Click Start / Run then type " cmd " to get a System 32 command prompt then...
Type in the drive letter of your CD-ROM followed by a colon and hit Enter (for example... D: )
At the D: prompt type in "cd \i386" then Enter. Now type in "expand taskmgr.ex_ %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\taskmgr.exe" making sure that you put a space between "ex_" and "%System..."
Then press Enter . The file should extract and install into the proper folder.
View more random threads:
- Lesson # 32 The Undo Redo (Microsoft Office...
- Disabling indexing services....
- Lesson # 74 The Function Library (Microsoft...
- How to remove virus from a computer?
- Very very helpful tips.
- Lesson # 28 The Average (Microsoft Office...
- i have hotmail account problem if can help
- Adding music to your power point presentation
- No need of messengers
- POWERDOWN ISSUES.