On January 20, 2009, Barack Obama will be the first African American to become US President -- a historic moment. The expectations placed in the charismatic speaker are immense, but the problems facing the USA are also immense. ARTS.21 asked German artists who are particularly tied to the US how they view Obama and what they expect from him: director Wim Wenders, who divides his time between Germany and the USA; the photographer Martin Schoeller, who shot a portrait of Barack Obama; writer Irene Dische, who worked in Obama's election campaign; and Cornelia Funke, author of the best-selling "Ink" series, who has lived for three years in Los Angeles
View more random threads:
- Duck Becomes This Little Boy’s Protector,...
- Samsung 3D project
- How to Make a Bag Out of flower wrapper
- Video: A Must watch for all SMOKERS!
- Even more bets you will always win
- Tiny Kitten Takes On Big Doberman
- Best way to peel garlic!
- Store food in your mouth
- Amazing Goat On Vertical Face Of Arjuna's...
- Kid Disappears In Brick Wall Prank