Young Muscovite is crowned Miss Russia
MOSCOW, March 6 (UPI) -- A Moscow woman has been crowned Miss Russia, gaining $100,000 and a grant to study at any university in the world.
Natalia Kantemurova was anointed Saturday in the final competition at the Barvikha Luxury Village concert hall outside Moscow, RIA Novosti reported.
She will carry out a variety of charitable, social and cultural duties during her reign.
Contestants took part in qualifying rounds in 86 regions across Russia in November and December. They had to be Russian citizens 17 to 23 years old, at least 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with no "bad habits."
The 50 finalists arrived in Moscow Feb. 12 to prepare for the finals and were required to keep a strict diet and exercise six hours a day.
View more random threads:
- Can you do any of these, anything is possible
- Chacha playing the game of death
- What's his legacy?
- How to Avoid Obesity
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears - Story Time...
- MALAYSIA: Enchanting Nature
- Feel - Inspirational Video
- How I Draw a 3D Loch Ness Monster
- Tan Le: A headset that reads your brainwaves
- Woman stealing gold