If you search for a file in XP you'll notice the little dog at the bottom. Rover is there to help you sniff out files you need. Well, what if you don't want him sniffing around? Maybe you're a cat person. Did you know you can change the Search Companion? Here's how...
Go to Start/Search and click "Change Preferences". If you don't want any character, choose "without an animated screen character". If you want to use a different search companion choose "With a different character". Scroll through by clicking "Next" and you'll meet Links the Cat, Merlin, Courtney, and Earl to name a few. Some companions are only available if you have certain software installed (unfortunatelyĆ¢ā‚¬ā€¯you must have MS Office to get Links the Cat)
Find one you like? Then click OK .
View more random threads:
- Lesson # 80 The Group & Ungroup (Microsoft...
- Bypass the recycle bin when deleting a file
- Disable the Disk performance counter(s).
- try this
- 13 Hidden iPhone 6 Tricks
- How to Make a Call on Whatsapp?
- CD ROM Stops AutoPlaying...
- How to Remove Spyware Manually
- Extend your Right Click Options
- Lesson # 35 The Clear (Microsoft Office...