It was bad but it could have been much worse.Australians are breathing a sigh of relief after one of the world's most powerful cyclones spared the northeast coast from expected devastation.
Cyclone Yasi tore off roofs, toppled power lines and terrified tens of thousands of people. It hit banana and sugar cane crops in Queensland but missed heavily populated areas. No deaths were reported.Rated a top-strength category five storm, it was later downgraded to category one status as it moved inland. But Yasi still packed a punch.
View more random threads:
- Dancing Accidents
- Dunk Contest Gone Wrong
- Proposal for Solar Taxi in Islamabad
- beautiful nature scenery
- Triple-E - World's Biggest Ship
- The Photoshop Effect
- Burning Calories : How to Burn 500 Calories
- Amul's 'utterly butterly' girl: 50 years of...
- Beautiful Song
- Indonesian Volcano Erupts after 400 Years