1. Love “ first of all, you must love your partner (husband or wife), if there isn't love, then there can't be a relationship.
2. Understanding “ next you have to understand that the person standing next to you grew up in a differed family, environment, and maybe different culture. You have to understand that she/he might do things differently than you. You have to understand that your vision may not be his/her vision. You have to understand that your partner may like things that you don't and that's OK.
3. Patience “ marriage requires a lot of PATIENCE, because marriage is two people getting together to become one - not the easiest thing in the world (not counting dating). Many times your spouse wants something different than you, or he/she wants to do things the way she/he did it before marriage and many others. If you love your spouse, you will have to have patience, because it will bring many good days in your life.
4. Giving “ marriage is all about the other, not about you. When two come together to make one, they agree to this statement, I am marring you to make you happy. You live your life and work hard to make your partner happy “ whatever it takes.
Give your spouse everything - your love, life, respect, attention, affection, etc and REMEMBER - ITS ALL ABOUT YOUR SPOUSE “ NOT YOU.
5. Forgiveness “ how many times we forget to forgive? She/He wasn't right, I was right. We are not perfect and we will make mistakes and not once. Learn to forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Follow these simple steps and I promise you will have a happier life together with your spouse.
[sharing as received]