US beggar's priceless gift
After a decade of living on the streets of the US state of Ohio, 53 year old Ted Williams will soon be living in luxury.
An Ohio newspaper reporter saw Williams on the street and offered him some cash in exchange for a soundbyte of his baritone broadcast voice.
Since it's debut on YouTube just two days ago, Williams' smooth voice has already reeled in nearly eight million viewers and numerous job offers.
His whirlwind of opportunities include a radio contract worth $10,000 and a job as an announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team, which offers a house along with his salary.
Williams went to school to pursue his dreams as a broadcaster, but was left homeless for 10 years after drugs and alcohol pervaded his life.
The overnigths star has been clean for two years now and is thankful for the second chance to live his dream in the studio.
Al Jazeera's Hazem Sika reports.
View more random threads:
- GoPro HERO Session: GoPro, Simplified
- Cute little puppet act (that what i call it...
- Funny Pranks - Invisible Rope Prank II
- Flying a sports car with wings
- Corina's dirtbike escapades
- CNN Talk Asia - Fatima Bhutto - Part 1
- Hidden camera - Ice Cream
- Колхоз DANCE MIX - Band ODESSA
- The Cost of a Handshake
- Alblashon World Cup 2014