US beggar's priceless gift
After a decade of living on the streets of the US state of Ohio, 53 year old Ted Williams will soon be living in luxury.
An Ohio newspaper reporter saw Williams on the street and offered him some cash in exchange for a soundbyte of his baritone broadcast voice.
Since it's debut on YouTube just two days ago, Williams' smooth voice has already reeled in nearly eight million viewers and numerous job offers.
His whirlwind of opportunities include a radio contract worth $10,000 and a job as an announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team, which offers a house along with his salary.
Williams went to school to pursue his dreams as a broadcaster, but was left homeless for 10 years after drugs and alcohol pervaded his life.
The overnigths star has been clean for two years now and is thankful for the second chance to live his dream in the studio.
Al Jazeera's Hazem Sika reports.
View more random threads:
- People Are Awesome | CRAZY Skills and...
- YUVVRAAJ|SALMAN KHAN | KATRINA KAIF |
- A Girl Shows How To Fail When Cross The...
- The Little Master's little trick
- Julian Treasure: 5 ways to listen better
- Can You Make It Through 2?
- The Poverty Song: Wilbur Sargunaraj -...
- Corsica Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Best Female Street Workout & Calisthenics...
- 90-foot-high Tidal Wave Rushes Up China's...