You want to turn off balloon tips, which frequently don't give any useful information, especially for experienced users, and are more distracting then they are useful, particularly when they show up in the Notification Area.
Using the Registry
1. Open the Registry Editor (Start-Run-regedit)and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
2. Create a new DWORD value called EnableBalloonTips.
3. Give it a value of 0.
4. Exit the Registry and restart. Balloon tips will be turned off. To turn them on, either delete the DWORD value, or else give it a value of 1.
View more random threads:
- How To Block Websties Without Software
- Tweak UI for Windows XP
- Fax without a fax machine ?
- Change your Windows XP Boot Screen
- Pen drive not working????
- Lesson # 34 The Fill Justify (Microsoft...
- [TRY IT]Control panel icon on desktop
- Does adding more RAM to your computer make...
- ICS vanishing in XP Pro??? Heres how to fix...
- 56Kbos tricks.... Use this method to...