Thread: A NEW YEAR...!!!

A NEW YEAR...!!!

AssalamuAlaikum Wr Wb...!!!

My dear Brothers & Sisters....

Before we knew it, last year passed by like a flash and the new year is here...whether it is 2011 CE or 1432 of the Hijri Calendar.

For some people, the beginning of the new year is marked by excited countdowns, popping of firecrackers, partying till the wee hours of the morning and dancing.

And for some, it is a time for somber thoughtfulness and self accountability.

Instead of celebrating, they are worried and scared.

Instead of partying, they think and reflect.

Their hearts tremble and their skins shiver.

Because each year that passes means a year LESS from their lifetime.....

Each year that passes by is bringing them closer to their death....

Because, they know that with each passing year....each passing month....each passing day.....and each passing second...they are that much closer to that inevitable event when they meet their end, that much closer to their meeting with their Lord, when they will have to stand in front of Him and answer regarding all that they did.

They are aware that whatever time has passed will never come back.

They know that if they did not make the most of their time, and if they did not use their time wisely, in the obedience of Allah, then surely, they are the losers.

That is because, the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم said:

"On the Day of Resurrection the feet of the son of Adam (man) will not move till he is questioned about four things: how he spent his lifetime, how he spent his youth, from where he acquired his wealth and how he spent it, and what he did with his knowledge." (Tirmidhi)

So they take account of themselves and their deeds at the end of a year....and at the end of a month.....and at the end of a day. They are not heedless of the passage of time or day. They are conscious of every second of their lives and how important it is to spend it usefully.

You see, your life is like the pages of a calendar. As the months go by, you flip its pages, never to flip the pages back. Those months that have passed will never come back.

Similarly, as the days and weeks and months of your life go by, they too, will never come back.

What is gone, is gone.

Ibn al-Qayyim says: "The year is like a tree, months are its branches, days are the branch sticks, hours are its leaves, and the breaths are its fruits. Therefore, if one's breaths are in obedience [to Allah and His Messenger], the fruits of his tree are good. If they are in disobedience, his fruits are bitter. The harvest is on the Appointed Day, when one's fruits are found out to be either good or bitter."

The Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم said:
    “Make the most of five things before five others: life before death, health before sickness, free time before becoming busy, youth before old age, and wealth before poverty.” (Saheeh al Jaami’)

This Hadeeth, like so many other ahaadeeth of the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم is brief, yet it is so comprehensive and loaded with meaning. Not only does it point out the value of time, but it also points out the importance of its proper utilization during our youth, and health. It urges us to take the initiative, and not to delay good deeds.

The Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم also said:
    "Lose no time to do good deeds before you are caught up by one of seven calamities awaiting you: a starvation which may impair your wisdom; a prosperity which may mislead you; an ailment which may damage your health; an old age which may harm your senses; a sudden death; the Dajjal; or Doomsday, which is indeed the hardest and most bitter." [at-Tirmidhi]

In fact, we see that the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) were not only careful about wasting their time; rather they would compete with one another in good deeds. The noble and commendable competitions that occurred between Abu Bakr and Umar (may Allah be pleased with them) is well known to all.

"Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) saw that as an opportunity to outstrip Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) and he said: ‘Today, I am going to surpass Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him).’ He said: ‘So I came with half of my property. The Messenger of Allah صلي الله عليه وسلم asked: ‘What have you left for your family?’ I answered: ‘As much as this.’ Then Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) came with all that he has and the Messenger of Allah عليه وسلم said: ‘What have you left for your family?’ He replied: ‘I left for them Allah
    and his Messenger.’ It is then that I said: ‘I shall never compete with him on anything again.” (At-Tirmidhee).

And Allah says: "So race in goodness." (Surah Baqarah: 14

Some Ulama’a while commenting on the above verse said: “Whoever beats others to the righteous deeds in this world will be the foremost on the Last Day and the foremost people are the highest in position.”

Dear brothers and sisters, man's life is not free from impediments, obstacles and calamities, which can prevent him from accomplishing what could have been done earlier. Wise are those who grab available opportunities before being handicapped by obstacles.

Let us leave those people moving aimlessly in their fake pleasures and ponder over a better and sublime competition....... a competition that is encouraged by the Glorious Qur'an.

It is a race towards the Pleasure of Allah and the Paradise....a competition in the field of righteous deeds.

It is a competition in which the participants are wise people who are aware that this life is short hence they compete with one another in investing their lives in acts of obedience to Allah.

"Therefore, race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden as wide as heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers.

Such is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He pleases. And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty." (Surah Hadeed: 21)

Member Array
    Beautiful....u've written fabulously...
    need of hour is to judge what we r doing n must focus on what our deeds will bring about on doomsday....use time for receiving pleasure of Allah n obey His orders forever....

Member Array
    minddd-blowwiinnnggg post.............................................. ..........
    SUBHANALLAH!!!!

Thank you............!!!!!

A new year is unfolding—like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.

Oh Allah, let this year be filled with the things that are truly good—with the comfort of warmth in our relationships, with the strength to help those who need our help and the humility and openness to accept help from others.

As we make our resolutions for the year ahead, let us go forward with great hope that all things can be possible—with Your help and guidance. Amen..!!!

Happy New Islamic Year i.e. 1432 Hijri to Everyone....!!!
    !!!!....كل سنة و أنتم طيبين

Dear Lord, as I close the door on this old year,
    I ponder on the things I've done...
    on the things I've said and the joys I've had...
    then I wonder, have I lost or won?

I've thought of the new friends I have made,
    and of the old ones staunch and true...
    the path of the old year was made easier Lord,
    because I have walked it with You.

I think of all the many times,
    when my burdens were so heavy to bear,
    and how my faith slipped away from me...
    but somehow You were always standing there.

Now as I open the door to this New Year,
    and carefully peep inside,
    I wonder what it holds for me...
    but I'll throw the door open wide

And whatever it brings to me and mine,
    I'll meet it with a heart so true...
    I know that, Lord whate'er it may be
    You'll be there to carry me through.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes
    Thank you............!!!!!

A new year is unfolding—like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.

Oh Allah, let this year be filled with the things that are truly good—with the comfort of warmth in our relationships, with the strength to help those who need our help and the humility and openness to accept help from others.

As we make our resolutions for the year ahead, let us go forward with great hope that all things can be possible—with Your help and guidance. Amen..!!!

Happy New Islamic Year i.e. 1432 Hijri to Everyone....!!!
    !!!!....كل سنة و أنتم طيبين

Dear Lord, as I close the door on this old year,
    I ponder on the things I've done...
    on the things I've said and the joys I've had...
    then I wonder, have I lost or won?

I've thought of the new friends I have made,
    and of the old ones staunch and true...
    the path of the old year was made easier Lord,
    because I have walked it with You.

I think of all the many times,
    when my burdens were so heavy to bear,
    and how my faith slipped away from me...
    but somehow You were always standing there.

Now as I open the door to this New Year,
    and carefully peep inside,
    I wonder what it holds for me...
    but I'll throw the door open wide

And whatever it brings to me and mine,
    I'll meet it with a heart so true...
    I know that, Lord whate'er it may be
    You'll be there to carry me through.
    very gud.

Thank you ...

Senior Member Array (¯`° (Ajnabee) °´¯)'s Avatar
    ZABARDAST efforts..