Stronger peace efforts urged as UN marks Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People
United Nations, New York, 29 November 2010 - The United Nations today marked the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People with a challenge from Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to both Israelis and Palestinians to show the statesmanship and political courage needed to reach peace.
He noted that there was little optimism on either side that peace could be achieved soon, let alone within the one year target date set by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when they resumed direct talks in September, and he reiterated his calls to Israel to freeze settlement activity and to the Palestinians to fight terrorism and curb incitement.
View more random threads:
- Candle can play like this??
- Arvind Kejriwal
- WW II : RARE COLOR FILM : HITLER'S LAIR
- People are awesome (don's version) !!!
- *** Girls are smart ***
- How to lower Blood Pressure
- Turkish pilot scares some english people
- Shilpa Shetty - Bloopers
- Autumn nature in Uelsen 2014, Graftschaft...
- Red Bull X Fighters: London 2009