Kaohsiung National Stadium
Kaohsiung National Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It is currently the largest stadium in Taiwan in terms of capacity.
Completed in 2009, it will be used mostly for athletics and rugby events, including hosting the main events for the 2009 World Games. The stadium will have a capacity of 55,000 people. After the games the stadium will likely be used for some Taiwan football team matches.
The stadium, designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito, makes use of solar energy to provide its power needs.  The World Games Stadium, semi spiral-shaped, like a dragon, will be the first stadium in the world to provide power using solar energy technology. The solar panels covering the vast external face of the stadium are able to generate most of the power required for its own operation, as well as additional power that can be saved.
View more random threads:
- Paper War
- Funny Prank - Driving Dog
- Why there is no peace in the world?
- Just For Laughs Young Pervert
- Blown by the wind over Bucharest- by FAE
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat Insults Sachin Tendulkar |...
- The Vortex Fountain
- Knife Party - Internet Friends [Music Video]
- Unique hotel FARALDA NDSM CRANE HOTEL...
- Chef's knife skills