The Dubai Mall 2010
The Dubai Mall is the world's largest shopping mall based on total area and sixth largest by gross leasable area. Located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, it is part of the Burj Khalifa complex, the 20-billion-dollar project has 1,200 shops. Access to the mall is provided via Doha Street, rebuilt as a double-decker road in April 2009.
Twice delayed, Dubai Mall opened on November 4, 2008, with about 600 retailers, marking the world's largest-ever mall opening in retail history. However it is not the largest in gross leasable space, and is surpassed in that category by several malls including the South China Mall, which is the world's largest, Golden Resources Mall, CentralWorld, SM City North Edsa, and SM Mall of Asia.
The Dubai Mall has recorded a visitor turn-out of more than 60,000 tickets sold for the Dubai Aquarium and Discovery Centre in the first five days, following its opening. The Dubai Mall hosted over 37 million visitors in its first year of operation, and attracts more than 750,000 visitors every week.
View more random threads:
- Lion really wants to eat this child
- Indian stock market is booming on vote result
- Parkour Capoeira break dance accidents !
- Welcome to Akagera National Park, Rwanda
- Photographing the world's most dangerous...
- BBC Hidden Kingdoms - Under Open Skies
- Lorenzo international horse show
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 right now
- ANIME PAINTINGS
- Bears take a swim in Lake Tahoe