Tips to help keep your teeth and gums healthy:
* Limit snacking between meals. Foods eaten as part of a meal cause less harm to your teeth because more saliva is released during mealtime. This helps to wash food particles from your mouth, lessening the acid build up that leads to tooth decay.
* When you need a snack, make nutritious choices, such as fruit, raw vegetables, cheese, plain yogurt or other snacks that are low in sugar.
* Instead of soda, choose healthy beverages, such as water or milk. Drinking eight to 12 glasses of water a day is recommended and consuming optimally fluoridated water helps prevent tooth decay.
* Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
* Floss daily to help remove plaque, the sticky film of bacteria, which gets stuck between your teeth and gums.
* Schedule regular checkups with your dentist every six months to help prevent problems from occurring and detect possible problems in their early stages.
View more random threads:
- Women carry larger emotional burden than men...
- Resin Jewelry Tutorial with John W. Golden...
- Overcoming Dry Hair
- Tips To Keep You Healthy
- Get Rid of Unwanted Thoughts
- Natural Skin Care Beauty Tips Made From...
- How to Shape Your Eyebrows for Summer Makeup
- Has anyone put any color in their wigs?
- The cell in your body
- Vitamin B12