Sculptures Made of Canned Food
The winter holidays in the U.S. are a traditional time of year for charitable campaigns, including food drives, when people donate cans of food to anti-hunger programs. Sixteen years ago, a New York architecture firm associate named Cheri Melillo had an idea for a design-build competition to raise awareness of hunger -- with sculptures constructed entirely of canned food. "Canstruction" is now in more than 100 cities in North America and several other countries. VOA's Carolyn Weaver reports from New York.
View more random threads:
- AmmA Means Mother: Directors Cut
- Lady Passenger Panics
- People are awesome 2015 (impossible)
- Faith in humanity - restored!
- Avoid Traffic Hour
- Walking in Vivienne Westwood's Shoes
- very funny accident sports
- Wear a helmet - No Excuse
- Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer
- Obama attacked by a citizen