Rescued from a Chilean mine
Over two months have passed since the August 5th collapse of the San Jose mine near Copiapo, Chile, when 33 miners were trapped 700 meters (2,300 ft) below ground. The men were kept alive over that time by supplies delivered through narrow holes drilled down to them, and kept hope through video conferences with family - until last night, when the first of the 33 miners was successfully lifted to the surface in a specially-designed rescue capsule. Friends and relatives, many of whom had camped nearby for months, slowly let their cautious optimism become joy as they were reunited with their loved ones. As of this writing, at 9:30 pm, Eastern time, all of the 33 men have now made it safely to the surface.
View more random threads:
- Benson Sculpture Park, Colorado, USA!
- Laspur valley Near mastuj valley Pakistan
- Big Ben
- Leepa Valley - Azad Jammu and Kashmir
- Germany Country Amazing HD Desktop Wallpapers
- U.A.E Sharjah pictures
- Mayo County Ireland
- Living Statues All Over the World
- Manthoka Waterfalls
- Wild Life Park Perowal - Pakistan