Mini Switzerland of India
Beautiful view of khajjiar-Himachal Pradesh
Khajjiar is a small hill station in Chamba District, Himachal Pradesh, India. Another hill station, Dalhousie, is 24 km away.
Khajjiar sits on a small plateau with a small stream-fed lake in the middle that has been covered over with weeds. The hill station is surrounded by green meadows and dense forests. It is about 6500 ft. (1981m) above sea level in the foothills of the Dhauladhar ranges of the Western Himalayas and snowy peaks can be seen in the distance.
Khajjiar is often called the Mini Switzerland of Himachal Pradesh and was officially baptized thus by the Swiss Ambassador on July 7, 1992. It has a rare combination of three ecosystems: lake, pasture and forest, all in one place.
View more random threads:
- If The World Were 100 People
- The Man Who Swims With Crocodiles
- funny military pictures
- Raat yun dil mein teri khoyi hui yaad...
- Awesome Dance group!
- Banned Coke Commercial
- No arms Table Tennis player
- Wonderful Nature
- Olympic Games 2008 - Digital Countdown And...
- Talat Hussain Continues Exposing Indian...