Rock Fort ,Trichy ,India
Located 320 km from Chennai and 150 km from Madurai, Trichy is also known for the famous and the fascinating Rock Fort, an architectural marvel that is built on a 83 m high rock, rising amidst the plains. The rock is one of the oldest in the world-approximately 3.800 million years, which makes it as old as the rocks of Greenland and older than the Himalayas. 344 steps hewn out of the rock lead to the top where there are inscriptions dating back to the 3rd century BC. At the top of the rock is the Uchipillaiyar Koil, a temple dedicated to Lord Vinayaka from where one can enjoy a panoramic view of Tiruchirappalli.
View more random threads:
- Hailstones on Siberian beach in mid summer
- Faces In Nature
- The Long Street Banquet , Tan Jing
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Trailer
- Funny videos - videos Chistosos
- Everybody dies, but not everybody lives
- Amazing Artist!!!
- Bhajji first hundred in test
- kerala funny dance
- Kumar Sangakkara talks about his involvement...