World's heaviest fixed-wing aircraft
The Antonov An-225 Mriya is a strategic airlift cargo aircraft, designed by the Soviet Antonov Design Bureau. It is the world's heaviest fixed-wing aircraft. The design, built to transport the Buran orbiter, was an enlargement of the successful An-124 Ruslan. The An-225's name, Mriya means "Dream" (Inspiration) in Ukrainian.
The An-225 is commercially available for flying over-sized payloads due to the unique size of its cargo deck. Currently there is only one aircraft in operation.
View more random threads:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's Amazing Motivational...
- World Largest Iftar
- Dedicated to Dhoni
- Here's the big chants!!
- Bill and Melinda Gates
- How to Serve a Watermelon in Easy-to-Eat...
- Guinness World Record Human Flag Dominic...
- 4d Stereographic Projection on Building in...
- Are You More Logical Than Us?
- Obama Girl Goes Nuts With the Wind Man