Dear Friends ,

Communication is at the core of our relationships. How we interact and communicate determines how well we can work with others and, often times, how we progress within an organization. A good communicator can win sales, lead winning teams and create lifetime customer connections. In today’s high-tech and competitive world, those who can carry on a conversation stand out and draw others to them. Today, I’m excited to share with you a powerful resource offering insights, tips, and techniques to help you become a more successful communicator: Communicate for Success 4 Pak.

Please pass this along to others so that they, too, can be inspired to communicate for success.

Excerpted from Communicate for Success 4 Pak

Learn To Communicate
In order to improve communications with others, a good first step is to understand your own communication style. Ask yourself:

* What motivates me?
* What gets in the way of my communicating well?
* How do I like to receive information?
* When do I have trouble understanding others?

Determine your true communication style before you determine another’s. It will save you both a lot of energy and headaches.

Say It Right
People often say words before they think. Nothing is worse than hearing ill-chosen words coming from one’s mouth. If at all possible, before you speak, take a moment and ask yourself:

* Do I really need to say anything right how?
* What would be the most helpful response?
* Do I have all the information before replying?
* What would the best conversationalist I know say at this time?

Speak To Success
The world’s best speakers are known for telling stories. Stories make speeches come alive and make your speeches more memorable and powerful. Practice telling stories that:

* Are personal, true and heartfelt.
* Credit others and aren’t over-told.
* Are clear and concise.
* Show a beginning, middle, and end.
* Enable you to pause and keep the listener involved.

Be a Newsmaker
Even people who speak for a living (e.g., attorneys, pastors, and salespeople) don’t always shine when interviewed by the news media. It’s because reporters are looking for short, succinct answers that pack a punch. You can prepare for news interviews by:

* Watching TV newscasts — both local and national.
* Reading news interviews — in papers, in magazines and on the internet.
* Creating a list of suggested questions a reporter might ask you.
* Thinking about how you would respond to both hard and easy questions.
* Writing out and then recording your answers to potential questions.

Please share this with others.