Inspirational 'Last Lecture' Professor Dies

PlusInspirational 'Last Lecture' Professor DiesInspirational 'Last Lecture' Professor DiesThe Associated PressRandy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose 'last lecture' about facing terminal cancer became an Internet sensation and a best-selling book, died Friday. He was 47. (July 25)The renowned computer science professor whose "last lecture" touched the hearts of millions of people around the world has died. But Randy Pausch's (POWSH'-ez) message about celebrating life and following your childhood dreams lives on.SOT: I don't know how not to fun. I'm dying and i'm having fun. And i'm going to keep having fun every day I have left cause there's no other way to play it. Carnegie Mellon University hosted a series where professors discussed what matters most to them-- and gave a hypothetical final talk. Pausch took the stage last fall after being diagnosed with incurable pancreatic cancer. During his speech, the computer scientist taught everyone a lesson about living life... and facing death.SOT: The video was later posted online and became an Internet sensation and later a best-selling book. Pausch said the lecture was really for his 3 young kids. And said he was embarrassed and flattered by the popularity of his message. But wrote on his web site "if others are finding value in it, that's wonderful." Following the popularity of his Carnegie Mellon appearance, Pausch lobbied Congress for more federal funding for pancreatic cancer research. And he spread his message during interviews and through posts on his website.SOT: Pausch died Friday at his home in Virginia. He was 47. Randy Pausch is survived by his wife and their three children