Esztergom , is a city in northern Hungary, 46 km north-west of the capital Budapest. It lies in Komárom-Esztergom county, on the right bank of the river Danube, which forms the border with Slovakia there.
Esztergom was the capital of Hungary from the 10th till the mid-13th century when King Béla IV of Hungary moved the royal seat to Buda.
Esztergom is the seat of the prímás (see Primate) of the Roman Catholic Church in Hungary. It's also the official seat of the Constitutional Court of Hungary. The city has the Keresztény Múzeum, the largest ecclesiastical collection in Hungary. Its cathedral, Esztergom Basilica is the largest church in Hungary.
View more random threads:
- Be Somebody
- Sydney Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Phi Phi Islands
- Thai Elephant Painters: The Genuine Artists...
- Bicycle Powered Tree House Elevator
- Chicken Curry " Bajias Cooking
- Cute Advertisement - Part 1
- Celebrity Hairstyles: Cool or Crazy???
- Indian Street Dentist: I've years of...
- Mannata - New Song from Movie Heroes