Turning Lemons into Lemonade
One trait that almost all successful people have in common is the ability
to turn negatives into positives. Disappointments and setbacks will come
for everyone, even the super achievers. The difference with successful
people is that they are able to benefit from everything that happens,
positive or negative.
In fact, problems are a great source of opportunity. The way to change
problems into opportunity is to adjust your attitude and your approach.
Instead of feeling sorry for yourself and letting your problems get the
best of you, take a proactive approach. Here are five steps that can turn
problems into opportunities:
1. Emotionally detach yourself from the problem.
2. Don't get caught up in assigning blame.
3. Instead, determine why it happened and what can you do to keep
it from happening again.
4. Ask yourself who else might have this problem.
5. If you knew this was going to happen again next month or next
year, what would you do differently right now?
Don't let your problems get the best of you. Instead, turn them into
learning and growth experiences.