Oil Spill Threatens Native American "Water" Village
The town of Grand Bayou, Louisiana, has no streets and no cars, just water and boats. And now the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico threatens the very existence of the Atakapa-Ishak Indians who live there. "We're facing the potential for cultural genocide," says one tribe member.
View more random threads:
- Tu Jaane Na By Atif Aslam Lyrics
- Just For Laughs : Slippery Floor
- What Is Islam? Questions and Answers
- Jet boat crashes
- Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, France
- ATRANGI YAARI | Amitabh Bachchan, Farhan...
- Nature of the hoverfly and butterfly
- Bald Eagle
- Fastest animals on Earth in slow motion
- Indian man cuts onion faster than a blender