(from Pagani Press Release) Zonda Tricolore
On the occasion of the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the “Frecce Tricolori”, Pagani Automobili created the Zonda Tricolore as a tribute to the National Aerobatic Team.
In 2010 the aerobatic season of the Frecce Tricolori comes to its 50th anniversary, wich will be celebrated on 11th and 12th September at Rivolto Airport (info: www.aeronautica.difesa.it).
The Frecce Tricolori (Italian, literally Tricolour Arrows), officially known as the 313th Aerobatic Training Squadron is the demonstration team of the Italian Air Force, based at Rivolto Air Force Base, in the north-eastern Italian region of Friuli Venezia-Giulia, province of Udine. They were formed in 1961
as an Air Force team, replacing previous teams that had been sponsored by various commands by the end of the 1920s.
The team flies the Aermacchi MB-339-A/PAN, a two-seat aircraft capable of 898 km/h at sea level, with nine aircraft and a solo (the highest number of aircraft of any aerobatic team in the world).
The Frecce Tricolori belong to the legacy of the entire Italian community.
- Mercedes Benz AMG engine, Power: 670 hp, Torque: 780 Nm
- Carbon-titanium monocoque
- ECU, Traction control, ABS by Bosch Engineering
- Inconel/titanium exhaust system coated with ceramic
- Suspensions in magnesium and titanium
- Cima sequential gearbox (6 speed), robotized by Automac enginnering
- APP monolitic wheels forged in aluminium and magnesium
Size: front 9x19 – rear 12,5x20
- Pirelli PZero tyres. Size: front 255/35/19 - rear 335/30/20
- Brembo brakes in carbo-ceramic self ventilated with hydraulic servo brake,
Size: front 380x34 mm, monolitic 6 piston caliper; rear 380x34 mm, monolitic 4 piston caliper
- Dry weight 1.210 kg
- Weight distribution in driving condition: 47% front, 53% rear
- Acceleration: 0-100 Km in 3.4 sec., 0-200 in 9.6 sec.
- Braking: 100-0 km in 2.1 sec., 200-0 km 4.3 sec.
- Maximum side acceleration: 1,45 G (with road tyres)
- Downforce at 300 kph: 750 kg
View more random threads:
- 2010 Novitec Rosso Ferrari F430 Scuderia 747...
- BMW i8
- 2010 Lumma Design Porsche Panamera
- BMW ActiveE Concept (2010)
- 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
- Youxia Ranger X - Electric Car
- 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
- Wiesmann GT MF5 Production
- 2009 Gemballa Mirage GT Carbon Edition
- 2009 Ferrari California Production