Japanese Igloo Festival - Kamakura Matsuri in Yokote, Akita
February 15th-16th, the people of Yokote in Akita Prefecture in Northern Japan build two-meter tall snow huts known as Kamakura. Inside they have a small grill for keeping warm and for cooking mochi, chewy rice cake, and for heating up amezaki a type of sweet sake with almost no alcohol. Also inside is a small altar dedicated to Suijin-sama the god of water.
In ages past, Yokote had a drinking water shortage so the festival was created to get Suijin-sama's attention.
View more random threads:
- Burj Khalifa - Dubai
- Schwerin Castle, Germany
- SilSila Hai Silsila Remake Video Song
- Simon Cowell cry - Attraction Semi Final -...
- Yeh Zindagi usi ki hai by Shreya Ghoshal
- Flag blowing in the wind on Moon...How???
- Terry Crews..... This Guy Is Hilarious !
- the dog
- Noam Chomsky condemns 'immoral' Afghan war...
- Eva Longoria & Aishwarya Rai arrive @ Kung...