Thread: Shah Rukh Khan scared by Shiv Senas reaction

Senior Member Array

Shah Rukh Khan scared by Shiv Senas reaction

Updated : Saturday February 13 , 2010 9:32:03 AM

BERLIN: Shah Rukh Khan said on Friday he was "scared" and "hurt" by Shiv Sena's reaction to recent remarks he made in support of Pakistani cricketers.

The 44-year-old heartthrob, in Berlin to present his latest movie "My Name is Khan", also told reporters that he wanted to see the row settled quickly.

"I really want everybody to be happy ... and I'll make sure that by the time I get back to India that everybody is happy," said Khan.

"I don't want any aggression, any problem. I get very, very disturbed and scared and emotionally hurt when things like this happen."

He was referring to protests by Shiv Sena after he criticised the fact that no Pakistani cricketers had been picked for the Indian Premier League.

Earlier this week more than a thousand Shiv Sena workers were taken into preventive custody by police and security was beefed up at cinemas in Mumbai on Friday as the group targeted the opening of My Name is Khan.

Some theatres were initially reluctant to screen the movie for fear of violence, raising concerns among some analysts that Mumbai's image as a cosmopolitan business hub could suffer and that the city was being undermined by parochial politics.

Shiv Sena, which runs the Mumbai municipality, draws political sustenance from hardline Hinduism and an ultra-nationalism that includes strident opposition to Pakistan.

Khan said he was tired of the bickering, and stressed he was merely an entertainer.

"So much has been said, so much has been spoken, and with all due respect to everybody around the world, including in my country India, in my city Mumbai ... right now I'd just like to sit down here, walk the red carpet, have some champagne, enjoy the film.

"We as filmmakers should never ever look beyond the fact that we are here to serve the audience. That's how I see it. I truly believe that my job is to make sure people smile. I have no self-centredness or ego about it."

My Name Is Khan, directed by Karan Johar, is about a man named Rizvan Khan, a respectable Muslim played by Khan who suffers from Asperger syndrome, a mild form of autism.

Khan falls in love with a single mother, played by Indian actress Kajol, who runs a hair salon. But their budding romance is interrupted by the spread of prejudice against Muslims following the Sept. 11 attacks.

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Senior Member Array
    if u dont have to say soemthing then dont say "hmmmmmm"

haan deikho , dara huwa lag rha hai

by the way , his ramarks were neutral , he said that cricket should be cricket , the players should not be labeled as 'pakistani' but they should be selected due to their performance . and i think no one should take this statement offensive.

Senior Member Array
    haan wohi na.... bus duniya chaand per pohnch gae... or ye..........

or mei soch rhi thi k pakistan mei to indian talent ko itna saraha jata hai... phir to hamari taraf b aesye hi hangamey honay chahiiye.... phir to libraries mei sey hindi books nikal ker jala deni chahiye... jesa k udher hota hai her moqey per... mager Allah ka laakh laakh shuker hai aesa pk mei nahi hota... bcoz we accept indian talent with the depths of our heart.... we can tolarate even if they r a step ahead than us.... thats what we expect from others as well...

Senior Member Array
    well... you cant blame whole INDIA for a mere thoughts of few idiots...

Senior Member Array
    nahi yaar... koi aik kuch karey to sab per hi naam atta hai.. yehi is dunia ka rule hai... it applies on everyone... jab as a whole baat hoti hai to phir ye nahi dekhtey k kitney log aesey they...

haan i accept k aesi black sheeps her society mei hoti hain....

Senior Member Array
    good luck sharukh khan............welldone.........

Thread Information