COCHIN CARNIVAL -2010
Cochin Carnival is a merry making feast observed during the last week of every year in Fort Kochi in Kerala. The carnival dates back to the Portuguese New Year revelry held here during the colonial days.
It has evolved as an occasion for the youth to enjoy the party-like atmosphere. With unique games, competitions and illumination during these days, Fort Kochi puts on a festive look. The highlight of the Carnival is the massive procession on the New Year Day.
The procession is led by a caparisoned elephant accompanied by drums and music, spectacular floats, different folk art forms, Panchavadyam etc. north indian dances also figure in the festivities.
View more random threads:
- Welcome to the world, little babies!
- Dead Sea
- Jawaharlal Nehru et al., March 1947, India -...
- Heart attack First Aid
- Light balance (ukrainian dance troupe)
- [[M**Discovery**Time wrap]] Shot Drop
- AMAZING Natural Phenomena
- 10 Secrets About Your Favorite Products
- One Day On Earth (Part2 Of 4)
- Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy