Longest existing lava lake
Erta Ale is a continuously active basaltic shield volcano in the Afar Region of northeastern Ethiopia. It is the most active volcano in Ethiopia. Erta Ale is 613 metres (2,011 ft) high, with one or sometimes two active lava lakes, one of only five in the world, at the summit. These lava lakes occasionally overflow on the south side of Erta Ale.It is notable for being the longest existing lava lake, present since the early years of the twentieth century (1906). It is located in the Afar Depression, a badlandish desert area spanning the border with Eritrea, and the volcano itself is surrounded completely by an area below sea level, making it one of the lowest volcanoes in the world.
View more random threads:
- Pakistan’s Women of Courage
- Kaali Shalwar (کالی شلوار (2007
- The Hidden Meanings Of Famous Logos
- What about the laundry?
- Pen Painting in iPad
- Finest ever Off Spinner in History of Cricket
- Optical Tricks of the Parthenon
- Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam
- How It's Made PENCIL
- Kumar Sangakarra resigns as captain of the 1...