NASA Science for a Hungry World
One of the biggest changes to global agriculture is less about the food itself as it is about the water we use to grow it. In some areas, farmers are using freshwater resources - including groundwater - at an alarming rate. The GRACE satellites enable scientists to discover changes to underground aquifers by monitoring changes in the Earth's gravity. In northern India, farmers rely heavily on irrigation to grow crops, and the resulting massive aquifer depletion creates an uncertain future for the region.
View more random threads:
- Fury325 test run
- Former U.S. President stands with Palestine
- World's Biggest and Baddest Bugs
- Baby Swimming
- Amazing tips for speaking
- People Are Awesome | CRAZY Skills and...
- Banned Doritos Commercials
- Warren Buffett - "Game Changers" (Bloomberg...
- Why Wedding Ring on 4th Finger.....
- Stars light up Dubai film festival