Some Nokia chargers defective,
will be swapped for free
Certain Nokia-branded chargers from a third-party manufacturer sold after April are defective and Nokia started a free of charge exchange program. These chargers were either included in the box or sold separately.
The issue affects chargers manufactured by BYD with the following model numbers:
• AC-3U and AC-3E, manufactured between June 15, 2009 and August 9, 2009
• AC-4U, manufactured between April 13, 2009 and October 25, 2009
The problem with these chargers is that the plastic cover might loosen up and fall off. This is an electric hazard if the charger is plugged in. There are no reported injuries so far, but changing your charger is a recommended precautionary measure.
If you have one of those chargers matching the criteria of model number and time of manufacture, head to this site. There you'll find a form, which checks if you're charger is one of the defective ones. There's also a diagram to help you locate manufacturer and model number info.
It's unclear which countries are affected but the exchange program operates on a national level.
View more random threads:
- Why Healthcare is so Expensive in USA
- India and Inequality !!!!
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Day at...
- An ode to fury !!!!
- Satellite images reveal SLA shelling damages...
- Shahbaz restored as Supreme Court grants stay
- May bushra farooqi rest in peace Aamin
- CONECTed B-52 Makes First Flight
- U.S Navy
- How awful! - Father ate his daughter in NK