Here is the changes that must be made
Look for that registry key, if not there, we must create a new key, then add the following values
CacheSize, this must be added as a binary value, then type in this value: ff ff 00 00
Prefetch, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
PrefetchTail, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
After that tweaking, try copying something across from CD, and you will notice it does produce a speed boost, but it becomes apparent after a while of using this tweak, you may or may not see it at first.
View more random threads:
- What to Do If Office 2007 Holds Your...
- No need of messengers
- Tricking WinXP to use larger then 32GB FAT32...
- Lesson # 19 The Cell Styles (Microsoft...
- Lesson # 55 The Insert Table Part 2...
- How To Block Websties Without Software
- Need help
- Difference between a Pentium and a Celeron...
- HyperMesh Tutorials