Here is the changes that must be made
Look for that registry key, if not there, we must create a new key, then add the following values
CacheSize, this must be added as a binary value, then type in this value: ff ff 00 00
Prefetch, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
PrefetchTail, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
After that tweaking, try copying something across from CD, and you will notice it does produce a speed boost, but it becomes apparent after a while of using this tweak, you may or may not see it at first.
View more random threads:
- i have hotmail account problem if can help
- Help XP Favorites
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Tutorial for Beginners...
- How to Install RAM
- Lesson # 30 The Maximum Number (Microsoft...
- Changing the Resolution of Thumbnails in...
- Controlling Pop-Ups & Spyware...
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Basic Retouching
- Album covers the right way...
- What upgrade paths does Windows XP support