Here is the changes that must be made
Look for that registry key, if not there, we must create a new key, then add the following values
CacheSize, this must be added as a binary value, then type in this value: ff ff 00 00
Prefetch, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
PrefetchTail, this key must be added as a DWORD value, then type in this value: 4000 hex
After that tweaking, try copying something across from CD, and you will notice it does produce a speed boost, but it becomes apparent after a while of using this tweak, you may or may not see it at first.
View more random threads:
- Turn off system beeps
- Taskmanager processes
- How To Optimize Web Search Using Google Web...
- Code To Allow Exe Files Pass Through Sp2...
- What's Thumbs.db
- Need Help!! can't remove write Protection
- software WIFE 1.0 & GIRLFRIEND 7.0
- Disable Unneeded Startup Services.....
- Forcing Older Programs to Use Windows XP...
- Swap File Tweak