You've all drunk Ribena once or twice at least in your life right???

Ribena Vitamin C claims false and misleading
Tuesday, 27 March 2007, 5:17 pm
Issued 27 March 2007/no 112

Ribena Vitamin C claims false and misleading: Court

GlaxoSmithKline has pleaded guilty to 15 representative charges of breaching the Fair Trading Act by making misleading claims about the Vitamin C content of Ribena. The Commission investigated after a complaint from two college students who tested the drink for a science project.

In the Auckland District Court today, GlaxoSmithKline was fined $227,500, and ordered to undertake a nationwide campaign of corrective advertising in newspapers to explain that some forms of Ribena contain no detectable level of vitamin C.

The guilty pleas relate to two kinds of misleading or false claims about Ribena made between March 2002 and March 2006. Five charges relate to claims that ready-to-drink Ribena contain 7mg of vitamin C per 100ml. Testing found no vitamin C in the ready-to-drink product. Ten charges relate to claims in TV adverts that "the blackcurrants in Ribena have four times the vitamin C of oranges." GlaxoSmithKline now accept this statement was liable to mislead consumers

This is the kind of thing that gets my faith in humanity and in little people sky rocketing. Davids HAVE slapped the Goliath where it hurts.... Its inspirational.

GlaxoSmithKline is considered as THE name in the business world. Two kids... from the school down the road from me... did a science fair project and used that as evidence just last week to bring those corporate vultures DOWN!!!

I KNEW Ribena tasted too much like over-sugared coloured water to have any sort of vitamin C in it. My orange peels had more Vitamin C than those. I trusted my taste buds and boycotted the product. Thank God I dont give a stuff about nutrition [this time] otherwise in my pilgrimage to get more Vitamin C to boost my immune system, I may have ended up with diabetes before my time.

8 spoonfuls of sugar in one ready to drink bottle!! JEEZ!!
You know what, 200 grand may not be much for someone like GlaxoSmithKline and slap on the wrist for false advertising may be the only legally appropriate punishment for them, but by God they are going to paaaayyy!!! Consumer boycott will hurt them so much more than a slap on the wrist by courts- people who were misled for so long will not forgive and forget.

SHAME ON YOU!!

read the story: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0703/S00478.htm