Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fears of the future

lalliv

fears of the future

Many of us allow others to bully us in a relationship.Be it between a parent and a child, be it between man and a woman,be it between husband and wife.Is that callled love, sacrifice or just wanting to be bullied.Are we being cowards if we dont put up a strong fight or are we compromising so that life goes on peacefully with no major upsets.Does being assertive always help? many of these questions never seem to resolve themselves. is there an answer??????????????? I wonder

knight
    I think we can't really take parents, children, husband, wife etc as bullying us. What they would do is crack a joke just to make some fun with us for the moment without degrading our self respect or dignity. I think bullying is if a bunch of co-workers or a group of friends joke and make comments that would humiliate you infront of a crowed or just around them. Fighting back wouldn't help in my opinion as that's what the people who bully you expect. Maybe if we can just change ourselves for the moment or disregard others' comments, it would help. What do you think?

lalliv

hi

more then bullying might be its emotional blackmail. many of us get moved and submit to doing things.emotional blackmail is one of the worst ways of getting things done and it certainly leaves a horrible feeling in the person who is manipulated.think about it.might be im wrong
    smile and have a good day

knight
    I don't think parents does emotional blackmailing but what exactly do you mean here by emotional blackmailing? How about an example?

YAZZIN
    hey! baby,i'm not happy about accussing parent for nothing,so be happy with your parents.is that okey?

lalliv

hi

hi knight : the simplest and oldest blackmail" is if you get me something ill do this".everyone does it. as people grow older its no longer something material but becomes emotional.the most common one that you hear sick people say is if you stay ill have my medicines.do you realize that these are manipulations that many of us just take for granted and dont make abig deal about but it is manipulation anyway. do you understand what im trying to convey.lets have your opinion.
    smile and be happy

lalliv

hi

hey yazzin;
    Chill man
    this is very common in all kinds of relationships and i do love my parents very much so i dont have a problem.
    smile and be happy
    right

knight
    Hey Lalliv, you lost me somewhere...

lalliv

hi knight :
    thought i d loose you somewhere in my explanations.
    smile and dont ponder too much about it

knight
    That marks the end of the topic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information